Thursday, October 9, 2014

Grandma`s Favorite Dishcloth

Hi everyone!
I`m back today with one of my all time favorite knitting patterns.  It was one of the very first things that I learned to knit and is super simple to make and very useful.  These are the best dishcloths, hands down! I vary the size of needle I use to change up the size of the dishcloth. 


It`s often referred to as {Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth} and I've provided the pattern I use below!

Materials:
> Size 6-9 US Needles (I prefer size 8 and I also prefer Bamboo needles.  They're a bit pricier to purchase but I find yarn slides over them very easily and they are nice and light)
> Cotton Yarn (I like Bernat brand yarn, the smallest ball will get you one dishcloth with a bit of yarn leftover).
> Darning Needles

Pattern:

Cast on 4 stitches.
Row 1: Knit 4 stitches
Row 2: Knit 2, yarn over, knit to end of row.  Repeat row 2 until you have 45 stitches on your needle.
Row 3: Knit 1, knit 2 together, yarn over, knit 2 together, knit to end of row.  Repeat row 3 until you have 4 stitches left on your needle.  Bind off and enjoy!

Once you learn how to knit these your friends and family will be bugging you to knit them all the time! They make great housewarming or hostess gifts.  I often wait for holiday themed yarn or colors and give them as part of a gift too. 

What's currently on my needles! A Halloween dishcloth for my mama.  Shhh it's a surprise! 


This is the yarn that I prefer for my dishcloths.  They also come in larger sized balls as well.
 
 
 
Have you tried this pattern? I'd love to see your results if you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment