Friday, October 3, 2014

Five Things Friday!

I'm back with another round of Five Things Friday!

At the start of this week I was working like crazy but I've had the last few days off and have done nothing but relax.  I honestly haven't moved off of the couch for the last two days and it's been wonderful!


{One} David's Tea Herbal Sweet Apple Cider Tea.  It's fall.  The leaves are changing, the weather is getting colder and it's the perfect time to curl up on the couch with a good book and a steaming cup of tea.  And what better kind than apple cider tea.  This is from David's Tea Fall Collection.  We don't have a David's Tea in my area so last week my husband and I made the trek to the closest one an hour and a half away.  Needless to say I stocked up on tea and was very happy to find out that my local mall is getting a store this month!!! I'm in tea-heaven.  Now if only I can get my hands on the advent calendar this year! Find my new favorite tea here.

{Two} Martha Stewart Avery Adhesive Metal Bookplates.  I LOVE the Martha Stewart Collection that is sold at Staples.  However, it is being phased out and every time I go to any of my local stores the inventory is seriously lacking. Thankfully, my local store did have these little gems which were perfect for my recent labeling craze.  I picked up these bookplates to use on the edges of our home binders.  We have several that we use (financial, manuals, work, household) and I wanted to be able to tell them apart without having to open them up every time.  I placed these babies on the spine and inserted a label made from my new label maker and they look fabulous.  You can check out how it turned out on my Instagram.   And find the bookplates here. 

{Three} Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 Palette.  Like I said, we drove an hour and a half to go shopping last week... it was my birthday.  They have a Sephora there and I have been lusting over this palette for quite some time.  Husband picked it up for me for my birthday and I love it already.  It's perfect for traveling because of the compact size and basic shades.  I have the larger Naked Palettes and I use them a lot for everyday use.  We're planning a Christmas shopping trip next month and it'll be nice to take this with me.  It fits perfectly in my travel makeup bag! Good job husband! Did I mention he also bought me a lady-friendly shovel for my birthday?!?! Find the palette here.

{Four} Bananagrams! This is seriously the best game ever.  We play it at work on night shifts if its a slow night (shhhhhh! I work at the hospital.  NEVER say it's a slow night!).  It's a multi-player word game that is very fast and enjoyable.  Everyone builds their own crosswords.  There is no turns, everyone plays at the same time.  It's a race to the finish and I love it! My husband and I have been playing a lot lately and we even challenged ourselves to themed puzzles.  One night we only spelled words associated with Harry Potter.  It's loads of fun and you can find it here!

{Five} Neighbours on DVD and BluRay.  My husband and I saw this in theatres and we picked it up the day it was released.  We don`t have children yet but both of us can totally picture us as the young couple having their first child in this movie trying to compete with a frat house as neighbours.  It was hilarious and if you haven`t seen it yet you should! Beware of the rating as there is mature content.  Did I mention that Zac Efron is shirtless for a great deal of the movie? Bonus! Buy it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment